AmeriCorps is a national service program that promotes and addresses critical needs in communities.
AmeriCorps is grant-funded and awarded to non-profits, school districts, community/public agencies and faith-based groups. AmeriCorps members, commit to a year of service in the communities where they live and work.AmeriCorps Economic Opportunity Coaching Program is a local program that provides direct service to clients of Peckham, Inc. in the areas of financial literacy and employability skills coaching. Members are placed in focus areas; such as Adult Education, Youth Services, Financial Literacy, Income Tax Preparation, and World of Work or Employability Skills (PATH Program).
Programs at Peckham
- Adult Education: Members serving with the Adult Education program provide direct service to clients in ESOL, Citizenship, GED and English comprehension tutoring
- Youth Services: Members serving with the Youth Services department provide direct service to at-risk youth in the areas of financial literacy and employability skills.
- World of Work: Members serving the World of Work program provide direct service to clients to gain and improve employability skills.
- Financial Literacy: Members providing Financial Literacy services engage in direct service with clients to help them understand the tools and skills necessary for managing finances and turning income into lasting assets.
- PATH (Employability Skills): Members serving the PATH program at Capital Area Michigan Works! members provide resume and cover letter development, professional dialect, job searching and application assistance, and professional image coaching.
- Income Tax Preparation: Members providing income tax preparation services provide individual and group coaching sessions so that clients may learn how to prepare income tax returns without having to seek paid-preparation in the community.