Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Deafblind Services
Peckham, Inc. Deaf services program recognizes the unique needs of individuals who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Deafblind. In 2015, Peckham, Inc. established a new unit to provide specialized vocational rehabilitation services to eligible team members who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Deafblind. Some specialized services provided by the Deaf Services staff include:
- Deaf culture and awareness
- Vocational Rehabilitation (Deafness)
- Communication techniques
- Assisting listening devices and other rehabilitation technology
- Interpreter services
- Referrals and assistance to obtain services from specialized agencies
- Specialized vocational and other training services
- ADA requirements for communication accessibility
- Resources for hard of hearing and late deafened individuals
Peckham, Inc. is fully engaged in providing ASL services for clients who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Deafblind and meet eligibility criteria. Peckham, Inc's Deaf Services Program partners with highly qualified American Sign Language Interpreters enabling us to fulfill our obligations for client- related accommodations. Peckham, Inc. contracts many certified state- and national level interpreters. They have a Board of Evaluation for Interpreters (BEI) state level, or a National Interpreter Certification (NIC) national level. They carry a card which indicated the level they are certified.
If you have questions about what each certification level qualifies them for, in terms of job complexity and difficulty, please contact the Peckham Deaf Services team.