Peckham is a leading apparel manufacturer with over 32 years of experience providing complete apparel solutions – from design to mass production – to a variety of government agencies and commercial clients. Peckham’s manufacturing services provide a full service apparel manufacturing partnership while adhering to a socially conscious mission of employing domestic employees with disabilities or other barriers to employment.
We are experts in design and manufacturing with extensive experience working with a wide variety of fabrics and materials. Through investments in leading-edge garment manufacturing technology, we provide cost-effective solutions that exceed today’s brand standards.
Unlike competitors that focus only on price, Peckham delivers value to its customers by providing industry-leading experience, partnerships, and integrity to produce the best products and garment systems for the most demanding brands and customers, including Patagonia, New Balance, the U.S military, and others.
Our core competencies focus on:
Our extensive expertise in manufacturing complex military clothing and tactical protective equipment for the U.S. military has made Peckham a market-leading apparel manufacturer with a strong focus on fit, form, and function. The success of our manufacturing operation relies on strong partnerships with both our customers and our U.S-based suppliers.
Peckham’s capabilities and technologies include:
- Our U.S-based, domestic manufacturing facility is over 225,000 sq. ft. with 150,000 sq. ft. of LEED Silver Certified manufacturing space.
- 2,100 total sewing machines (225 programmable, automated machines)
- 5 Gerber cutters with 120 ft. spread tables
- Accumark CAD system
- Yin Automatic Fabric Cutting Machine
- Sonic Bonding equipment
- Epilog Laser Cutter
- Gore and Queen Light Seam Tape Equipment
- 700+ trained and motivated production team members
- Process and mechanical engineers on staff
Our partners benefit from our ability to focus on quality standards and outcomes through cell manufacturing to optimize efficiency, lean manufacturing techniques, and world class sewing equipment that includes over 800 automated and programmable sewing machines.
PECKHAM CUTTING TECHNOLOGY
- Comprehensive set of pattern development tools
- Grading of patterns for full range of sizes
- Computerized marker making for best fabric utilization
- Import and export of data to a wide variety of CAD systems
- Design & prototyping capabilities
- Five Gerber cutters with spreaders
- Five 120 ft. spread tables
- Specifically designed for your mass production cutting needs
- Optimized with reciprocating knife technology
- Minimal material waste; ideal for difficult-to-cut materials
LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW PECKHAM CAN ADD VALUE TO YOUR BUSINESS. CALL OR E-MAIL US TODAY.
LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW PECKHAM CAN ADD VALUE TO YOUR BUSINESS.
Design for Mass Manufacturing
Our technical design experts have more than 30 years of combined experience working with both the public and private sectors. We focus on supporting our customers in the design and development of single-item garments, clothing systems, and tactical protective equipment.
Peckham’s rapid prototyping capabilities enable us to provide our customers with a finished prototype garment quicker than the competition. Our long-standing relationships with our supply base ensure we can locate specific fabrics and/or components to deliver a cost-effective finished product that exceeds high quality standards.
We offer a wide range of services including:
- Pattern development and modifications
- Editing and updating of technical data packages
- Proof reading and updating purchase descriptions
- Production systems integration and solutions
Our Design Center is equipped with cutting-edge software applications and hardware, a dedicated prototype cutting table, and staffed with a team of highly trained prototype sewers.
Peckham’s design services provide fabric construction expertise and manufacturing capabilities within a wide variety of fabrics including knits, woven, fleece, wool, tactical nylon, and next-to-skin compression.
SEAM TAPING & SONIC BONDING
One of Peckham’s key differentiators is our ability to provide seam taping and sonic bonding for cold-weather, waterproof, and water-resistant apparel and gear. Our team of garment technology experts works closely with our customers to deliver the highest quality standards for some of the most complex garments and clothing systems currently made in the U.S.
Some of our past projects include:
- Generation III Cold Weather Layer
- Fire Resistant Environmental Ensemble (FREE)
- Multi-Climate Protective System (MPCS)
- MOLLE 4000 Rucksack
- Air Endurance Vest – Soft Armor Plate Carrier
- Military Alpine Reconnaissance System (MARS)
- PCU (Protective Combat Uniform) Level 6 Wet Weather Jacket & Pant
Peckham offers integrated manufacturing solutions that assist customers with a full range of services – from design and proof of concept, to prototyping, to launch. Our LEED Silver-Certified manufacturing facility, located in a top manufacturing state (Michigan), combines design, testing, and manufacturing under one roof to fill our clients’ R&D gaps.
Product Development Process
LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW PECKHAM CAN ADD VALUE TO YOUR BUSINESS. E-MAIL US TODAY.
Peckham has ISO Certification. We believe in quality and support an organization- wide quality system and comprehensive outcome measurement. We encourage staff to constantly look for, and implement, opportunities for improvements.
CHECK OUT MANUFACTURING PECKHAM IN ACTION STORIES
Peckham In Action highlights our team member success stories. They reflect how our lines of business allow us to fulfill our mission of providing jobs and services for individuals with disabilities and/or other barriers to employment.
Free-Flyer Air Force Veteran Lands Ideal Career at Peckham
Peckham Named Community Impact Award Winner, by Michigan Manufacturing Association
Team Member Uses Peckham as a Stepping Stone to a Career Helping Others
Help Overcoming Language Barriers Leads to Upward Mobility At Peckham
- The Lost Arrow Project by Patagonia – Military Alpine Recce System : Program History
- The Lost Arrow Project by Patagonia – Military Alpine Recce System : System Overview
- The Lost Arrow Project by Patagonia – Military Alpine Recce System : Production Partnership with Peckham Vocational Industries
- The Lost Arrow Project by Patagonia – Military Alpine Recce System : Pnuemo Fuse and Mixed Range
Awards & Recognition
- Capitol Area Manufacturing Council Business Excellence Award 2015 (Marine Corps MARPAT Jacket & Hardface Micro Fleece Cap by Polartec)
- 2010 Michigan Manufacturer of the Year (MMA MI MARF Association)
- Polartec® APEX Award 2009 (USMC Flame Resistant Grid Fleece Shirt)
- NISH National Government Award for Products 2007
- PEO Solider
- Polartec® APEX Award 2007